Monday, June 13, 2011

Entitled LeBron missed something important in his life

Here's what LeBron James said after the Miami Heat lost to the Dallas Mavericks in the NBA Finals:

"All the people that were rooting me on to fail, at the end of the day they have to wake up tomorrow and have the same life they had before. They have the same personal problems they had to today. I’m going to continue to live the way I want to live and continue to do the things that I want with me and my family and be happy with that.”

I'm now convinced that if James had a strong father, or father figure, in his life, he wouldn't say such dumb things. If Lebron were my kid -- the product of a working-class, blue-collar Akron home -- he would have been given a lesson in loyalty and he would have been admonished to do the right thing by his fans in northeastern Ohio.

He would have stayed.

Additionally, he would have been encouraged not to brag about his insane wealth by saying to the world in a press conference that he's rich and you're not.

Perhaps the shortcomings of his early life are catching up to him, beginning with that silly "The Decision" thing a year ago. Buddies can't take the place of fathers.

Want a comparison? Read Dirk Notwitski's bio on Wikipedia.

No comments: