Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Jentes out at Twin City Hospital

It's always been my belief that the recession will hurt in waves. Banks, homeowners, manufacturers were hurt first. Up next are governments, including schools, and healthcare, including your local hospital.

Proof?

Marge Jentes is out as CEO of Twin City Hospital. Here's the memo she sent to employees on Monday, May 17:

To: staff

Subject: American Healthcare Solutions

At a special Board meeting this evening, the decision was made to contract with American Healthcare Solutions for the day to day operations of the hospital. As part of this agreement, AHS will be providing all Administrative oversight. I want all of you to know that I fully support this decision. I know that all of us have been impressed with the insight and professionalism that the AHS team has demonstrated in their short time on sight here at TCH and I know that each and every one of you will continue to give them your full cooperation going forward.

While I am sorry to leave TCH, I am also thankful for the opportunity that I have had to work with all of you. Together, we have accomplished many things and now you will have the opportunity to work with a great group of people to ensure that what we have built together will be here for the community for many years to come.


My sincere thanks and best wishes to all of you!


mj


Marge Jentes

American Healthcare Solutions troubleshoots failing and/or financially troubled hospitals and attempts to right the ship by examining all aspects of the budget, including staffing, salaries and pension payments, and then by making hard choices.

Read into that what you will.

No comments: